ENGLISH TO FRENCH TRANSLATOR
A quality translation should not read like a translation, but like an original text carefully crafted by an expert writer. Disseminating words and ideas in a foreign language calls for a translator who understands the technical vocabulary and related concepts of the field, and who has strong language and writing skills. I am committed to providing service of the highest quality, striving to combine attention to detail with stylistic versatility, as well as working efficiently and expediently while keeping the lines of communication with my clients open, clear and concise. I’d love the opportunity to work with you and show how my service sets me apart from the rest of the field.
Areas of Service
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
Convey a clear message to your target audience.
JOURNALISM & FICTION WRITING
Your book or article carefully crafted for a French readership.
Entrust your poker content to an experimented player.
Adapt your software or website for the French language and culture.
FILM, TV & MULTIMEDIA
Adapt your screenplay and for a French-speaking audience.
15 years of experience in martial arts and self-defense.
TOURISM & HOSPITALITY
Entice travelers to visit your country, region, city or business.
Music theory? Equipment? Lyrics? Let a former semi-pro handle it.
Contact me for any document that doesn’t belong to any specific field.
Your French audio or video content transcribed with precise time coding.
REVISION & PROOFREADING
Perfect your French copy, whether written by a native or non-native speaker.
The perfect copy: articles, brochures, blog posts, and more.
I hold a degree in English Linguistics & Literature, and another in Business English & Spanish. I have been living in the U.S. for over 19 years and have 18 years of combined experience in inside sales, marketing and customer service. Unlike many translators, I speak and write in my source language every single day and continuously sharpen my English linguistic skills.
Why should I pay for a professional translator?
Would you entrust your documents to just anyone? If you’ve spent a long time crafting the perfect copy, you want someone who can recreate that in French and do justice to your work. There’s a more to being a translator than being bilingual. Professional translators have received extensive training and are fluent in their specified languages, in addition to having excellent writing skills and subject knowledge. By its very nature, language is context and culture-dependent and the time taken to translate your document will usually include some time spent researching terminology and the subject field, in order to deliver a document that is customer-ready. Even though machine translation has improved in recent years, it is still not even close of being able to match the level of quality offered by a human translator. A translator is a qualified language professional and expert writer.
What is a source language and a target language?
The source language is the language the text to translate is written. The target language is the language the text is be translated into.
What is your response time?
I am your only point of contact and am committed to offer speedy and clear communication. I am located in St. Paul, MN (USA), which is Central Standard Time UTC/GMT-6. You can reach me by email or phone.
What fields do you specialize in?
I translate in the following fields:
- Marketing & Communication
- Software & Website Localization
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Film, Television & Multimedia
- Journalism & Fiction Writing
- Education & e-Learning
- Sports & Martial Arts
In addition to translation, proofreading and transcription, I also offer subtitling and copywriting services.
How long will the translation take?
A translator can translate 2500 to 3000 words per day, on average. The exact timescale will depend on the particular job. I am happy to discuss your project's specifications and a more specific timetable with you.
What are your rates?
- My rates for translation, copywriting, subtitling and proofreading work are available upon request. I offer competitive pricing based on the project format, size, urgency and complexity.
- My prices are based on $ (USD) per word of source text (the language your document is written in).
- Extra charges are applied for weekend and out of hours work. However, no extra charges will be added after you have accepted the initial quote - except in case of a late payment.
- A minimal charge of $50 (USD) is applied to all translation of 300 words or less.
- Please contact me to discuss your specific project and request a free quote.
What is your process?
- If you would like to work with me, please call me or fill out the contact form and attach the document(s) to translate. Please indicate the turnaround time needed, the purpose of the document, intended target audience as well as the format the translation needs to be delivered in.
- Once I have received and reviewed the project files, I will send you a firm quote within 12 hours that will include all applicable charges and discounts and confirmation of the completion deadline. In order to produce the best results, I will need to know as much as possible about the source document (why was is written? Who is it addressed to? How will it be disseminated?) and your company (what industry are you in? What are your goals? Do you use a specific terminology?). That information will help me identify all the parameters and adapt the translation accordingly.
- I may then come back to you with questions before and during the translation itself. I like to keep an open line of communication with my clients, as I strongly believe this produces the best results.
- After the initial draft is finished, I edit and then proofread the final copy.
- I deliver the translation on time and on budget, bundled with the invoice corresponding to the cost previously agreed upon. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date.
What about the confidentiality of my documents?
- I keep your data and documents secure and confidential throughout the entire process, which will never be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent. Client confidentiality is one of my top priorities.
- All documents sent to me are stored confidentially and securely in a password-protected computer and backed up regularly on an external drive to prevent data loss.
What software do you use?
My CAT (Computer-Assisted Translation) tools include Cafetran Espresso, OmegaT, Antidote 10 and F5 Transcription Pro.